We are looking for an IT savvy Accountant to join a great IT company focused on exceptional customer service. If you enjoy working in a professional and challenging environment, truly enjoy bookkeeping/small business accounting and love helping client businesses with financial understanding and supporting them with their business growth. Then this could be what you've been looking for.
This role is responsible for helping accountants and bookkeepers that use our suite of software become a progressive, digital business. Key elements of the role include: project managing software implementations and migration projects and delivering software education workshops and webinars to accountants who work for our clients and use our software suite everyday. If you have a passion for client relationships, this is the ideal opportunity to work closely with clients to help them execute an digital growth strategy for their business. Key soft skills are the ability to work autonomously and having a positive and engaging communication style to build strong rapport with Clients. You should be results focused and have a passion and desire to make a difference.
Key responsibilities: For each client you will be:
Accounting: • Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory and cash • Assisting with bookkeeping procedures
• Assist with the production of Annual and Quarterly reports and Accounts and the associated supporting evidence and reconciliation.
• Ensure that all transactions comply with appropriate VAT regulations
• Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports. • Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice. Stock You will play a vital role in calculating the value of a company's inventory, help monitor the net worth of goods and maintain accurate records via the software at all times. You will also be supervising stock counts, inputting stock data, evaluating reports, checking discrepancies and presenting findings.
• Assist in establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures. • Perform weekly and monthly physical stock checks at all the locations and highlight variances to the management. • Ensuring that goods shipped to customers are matched with the actual invoices issued to the customers in the software. • Ensuring that goods received by locations/warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers in the software. • Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
• Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at inventory locations based on goods shipped. Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment
• Performing Bookkeeping functions for client businesses • Assisting other client Bookkeepers and Accountants where needed with software and best practices • Balance sheet reconciliations • Liaising with business owners and assisting them with financial reporting • Enjoying a great team environment with your friendly, professional team members
• Respond in a timely manner to all Partner enquiries including inbound calls and tickets for enablement • Educate partners on all software resources available.
• Assist in the creation of resources (processes/videos) for frequently asked questions from clients.
• Assist clients with data conversions through detailed project planning and training guidance.
• Working with Xero Partners to execute growth project plans. • Work closely with Sales team to deliver services as agreed upon within business plans for Partners.